“The incident room in Three Pines was filled with the aroma of wet socks, sweat, cilantro, and lime. Olivier and Gabri moved aside the firefighting equipment and set out the ginger-garlic chicken soup, sandwiches, and drinks…”
Ginger Garlic Chicken Soup
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 30 mL (2 tbsp.) olive oil
- One medium leek, sliced
- 240 mL (1 cup) diced carrot
- One red bell pepper, diced
- One raw chicken breast, diced
- 1ml (1/4 tsp.) cumin
- 15ml (1 tbsp.) grated ginger
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1.5 l (6 cups) chicken broth
- 240ml (1 cup) fresh or frozen peas
- 50g (2 cups) chopped arugula
- Salt and pepper
1) Heat oil in a saucepan, add leek, carrot, bell pepper and let cook over low heat for 5 minutes.
2) Add the chicken, cumin, ginger, garlic and cook for another 5 minutes.
3) Add the broth, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil and simmer for 15 minutes.
4) Add the peas.
5) Just before serving, pour the soup into the bowls and place the arugula on top.