Well done dodging that disaster Julie. Pays to keep protective software up to date. Browsing the Internet can be like wandering around the city and suddenly finding yourself in a bad part of town!
    Trying to decide whether to invest money I the house before selling. It needs reprinting but that is not cheap.

I tried an experiment. I used ready made pastry for my apple pie. Yuk and soggy bottom too. The recipe you shared is infinitely better Julie!

3. Julie Buck says:

Yeah – I’ve used ready-made pastry for years and always had that soggy bottom, which is why I was interested in the claims that recipe made. I thought I didn’t like pies – turns out I just don’t like bad pies, hahaha. I’m learning a lot from the GBBS – I had no idea there were so many different KINDS of pastry.

4. Julie Buck says:

Off to Utah for a few days – will check in when I’m home next week…

Have fun, Julie!

Yes, do enjoy yourself Julie. Hopefully you will negotiate air conditioning!

7. Enjoy, Julie. Hear from you when you return. Safe trip.

Erin has survived her exams. No results but survival is good! Thank you all for your support.

• Peg H. in Wisconsin USA says:

Anna, Erin’s results should be fantastic. She must have prepared very thoroughly. Too bad about the lurgy though, really bad timing on its part. Thank you for sharing her with us!

Yes, Peg, you made me smile, “Thanks for sharing her [Erin] with us.”
    I, too, sent powerful best thought across the sky and water during her exams, with just a tinge of chocolate for inspiration!

Thank you Peg and Cathryne! You are both so lovely. There was definitely chocolate so we must have picked up that vibe quite clearly. I wanted to take her for lunch after the last exam but she was so tired we came home to veg out. Interestingly she hasn’t been reading much for a long while and she has gotten back into it. Japanese author called Murakami.
    Hope everyone is well and surviving the heat.

Ah, Anna, my younger son enjoys Haruki Murakami. I’ve enjoyed the surprising titles and buying the books for him over the years. Who can resist Kafka on the Shore? I haven’t read it, mind you, I just like the title!

I haven’t read any either but I agree about the titles!

13. Congrats to Erin and Mom ! Hope this posts. I lost one yesterday or day before. Could be Carol’s computer.

Any thoughts about a new computer for you Barbara? With the new LP available in a just a couple of weeks you will need to have one so we can all chat! Erin and I still recovering slowly. Wow, the last few weeks have really taken it out of us. Are we wimps! I am in training for the really big exams in October. These were called trials, they count towards the final marks but the real ones are worth 50%. Back on my bike to get in shape.

15. Julie Buck says:

Hi, all – Anna, I’m so glad Erin survived! Sounds like you both did – though you will need to start training now for the October exams! Chocolate and pie will both help! Utah was fun, but a trip also to be just barely survived! I’m lucky I got there at all, and again, lucky I got home. Two long stories that make me look like a complete idiot, and not to be let out on my own, without a handler… Suffice to say that air conditioning was the least of my worries, and all’s well that ends well, hahaha. In fact, Linda was very considerate of my needs, and I was very comfortable. Phew!

We were doing classes, which were fun, and my part went very well. The guild is disbanded now – this was their very last event, so it was bittersweet. Wonderful to see everyone, and sad to know that I won’t be back for more. They gifted me, and the two other teachers for the weekend with lovely “scissors frogs” – they take the old glass flower frogs you can find in most antique stores, and put them in another vintage piece of glassware (in my case a shallow parfait cup of pink depression glass). The idea is you put your embroidery scissors in the holes to display them. Here is a picture of what I mean:
    I felt very honored to be considered part of the teaching group, as my presentation was more something that would be offered at a regular meeting as just a program, not a bespoke class for embroidery. But it made me feel so nice to be appreciated by the group for coming.

My next little while is pretty quiet, and I’m glad, as I need a bit of time to recover now that I’m home again, home again, jiggety-jig.