1. Millie says:

Bistro friends, check out LP’s Facebook post of about 4 hours ago. A glimpse of the Three Pines map and a sign up page for those who preordered that includes one’s address.
    Hurry Julie! lol
    I thought a few people would win one in a drawing. Completely confused but delighted. Keeping my fingers crossed for the members of the Bistro. Good luck to all.

2. Julie says:

I know! I’m very excited that it really looks like I’m getting a map! I actually filled this in when I placed my pre-order, so hopefully, that means I’m definitely on the list… Maybe I should do it again, “just in cases”.

Julie

3. Today is “knee day for Sam. Changed the time of surgery yet again. Nothing to eat or drink since midnight and surgery will not be before 1:15 but we must be there at 12:15. The Bear is growling.
    Anna. I laughed at your question about the sofa. We have worn it out. The first ever to reach that status. My dogs were so bad about attacking the furniture in the family room especially during thunder storms. Most furniture was recovered once and then trashed and the unharmed pieces went to Salvation Army. Petey (current darling) and Precious who preceded him does/did not chew. Petey did chew two magazine racks when we first got him. I was so glad he did not attack two of Grandmother’s end tables which were promptly moved to the LR with the others. My dogs never bothered books. Good thing with book cases in every room except bedroom and bath. A sister-in-law once remarked she guessed I would put a bookcase in the bathrooms next. I almost did just for spite but the humidity would have damaged them.
    Off to Hospital now. Good thoughts and Peace and Calm to all.

4. Julie says:

Good luck to you and Sam, Barbara! I think you were saying he expected to be “back to normal” in three weeks, which is amazingly good! I know it’s a different thing, but my hubby has had both his knees done in total knee replacement surgeries. Those take longer, but even so, if you do the exercises both before and after, it truly does seem to be a remarkable recovery! He has no pain now – pain he’d lived with since he was 17. It seems like a miracle to him.

Good luck to Sam Barbara and peace and comfort for you while you wait.

Barbara, I have been thinking about you through the day and hoping things are going well. The not so unusual time changes add to the stress.
    I’ve been trying to imagine who would be good distractions or drive you to distraction as you wait. I decided on Gabri sitting on one side, commenting on the dull but comfortable-looking scrubs and Ruth on the other side, Rosa on your lap. What could go wrong?
    Sending good thoughts to you and your understandably grumpy Bear.

7. Julie, Anna, Cathryne thanks for your thoughts. Everything went according to plan and so far so good. He took pain pills about an hour ago.
    I like the idea of sitting with Gabri and Ruth. I like the idea of holding Rosa. Ruth would have been whisked off to the Cleckley Building (Named for the local Dr. in The Three Faces of Eve) I fear.
    Think I’ll visit the Bistro again later.

Good to hear things are going well Barbara. I love Cathryne’s description of Gabri and Ruth waiting with you.
    Cathryne, are you ok?
    Thinking of everyone. Sun shining here today. Warm for winter. Trying to relax and enjoy.

9. Hi All, Everything is going well. Not much sleep last night…Sam couldn’t get comfortable with the massive dressing and wrapping around his knee and down covering his foot. Too much I thought. He has taken most of it off now(with Dr.’s OK ) and can even walk a little without the crutches.
    Have good weekend.

Thanks for the update Barbara. Sorry the night was uncomfortable. Make sure Sam is wiggling his toes and contracting his calf muscles so he doesn’t get clots!

TNOTB is less than a week away now. Very exciting!

I’m fine Anna. My brother is here for a week from Colorado and helping with my mom, so I’m having some nice breathing time and my mom is thrilled. How are you and your family doing? I’ve been thinking about you especially since your post on the 12th and hoping things are better. I was touched by Louise’s not too long ago post sharing the ups and downs of her days with Michael and Alzeimer’s. She is such a wonderful model for making the most of the joy in, and always approaching, our lives and yet acknowledging the times of despair.

Barbara, I hope the Bear with a sore knee is able to do what he needs to do and that the end result is as fine as he hopes. I’ve been imagining Rosa quacking, quacking, quacking along behind you as you go about your caregiver duties. Ruth will make her way out of Cleckley as soon as she can.

I have loved all the advice and stories about downsizing and getting rid of the excess. We are not moving at this time, but I’m pretending that we are for extra encouragement. Some days it’s one small item dispensed with, some days it’s 20, but it is already giving us pleasure. Louise and Michael’s move has energized a lot of people, I think.

It looks like a Three Pines cookbook has been started! I love the name: The Night is a Strawberry! A lot of work seems to have gone into it already. I can’t wait to see what happens next.

Wearing out my front door, looking to see if my map has been delivered!

12. Julie says:

Oh, I need to go look – I love The Night is a Strawberry for a cookbook name. I hope there’s lots of Quebec recipes in it… Sugar pie would be fun!

Good to hear you are having a breather Cathryne. It is so important. I am in need of a long one but not so easy to organise. My brother came yesterday and gave me a break from seeing mum then dad became seriously unwell last night. I am a bit weary after little sleep but he feels a little better today. High fever but looks more viral than anything. We changed catheter and gave antibiotics just in case. Sorry, probably more detail than you needed.

Love the blog. Glad Louise gave it her blessing. Have croissants for lunch as a treat. Just sent hubby to get them!

How are you Barbara? Remember to look after you too. Even f it’s a cup of tea and a quiet moment.i am channeling Reine Marie right now hoping for her calm and confidence!

14. Julie says:

Anna, I hope your Dad is feeling much better today. I’m so sorry that just as you were seeing a bit of a rest in store, another emergency has come along.. You need those rest times. Glad your brother is there to help. Sit in the bistro awhile and take some calming breaths and a nice cup of tea…

Thanks Julie. I come here to pause and catch my breath.

I hope everyone is ok out there. This is the week!