1. Julie Buck says:

Hmmm – could it be the part where Ruth has been talking to the archangel Michael? Otherwise, I can’t think what it would be, either. Maybe there is the sense that mysterious things are happening – like the baseball bat suddenly reappearing, that would give that feeling, but of course, could be explained very easily. And there was something right at the end about meeting the Crown prosecutor in that little Cafe on the east coast – I think maybe in New Brunswick? where Gamache talked to Jesus – the lemon meringue pie story? But that is something that was originally in another book (the Brutal Telling, I think, or it might have been The Long Way Home) and was just referenced this time…

2. Sharon Bacon says:

I have noticed there have been no comments since 2014. I am posting on Dec10. 2017. I am in the middle of my second goround. I am paying more attention to the description of Three Pines and am so thankful for the map of the little town. Seeing the map brings everyone’s houses into
    perspective. Thank You who ever talked the publishers into printing the map. I had seen it a while back and called Broome Lake Books only to be told it was a marketing promo and they were not able to get them. And Then Voila! So Merci Merci Merci. I love all things Three Pines and was lucky enough to see Louise this last summer in Santa Cruz. She is even better in person. What a lovely sense of humor she has. Cannot wait for the next installment.

3. BestZac says:

I have noticed you don’t monetize your site, don’t waste your traffic, you can earn extra cash every month because
    you’ve got high quality content. If you want to know how
    to make extra bucks, search for: Ercannou’s essential adsense
    alternative

4. Suniti says:

Hi All,
    I have enjoyed reading your many comments. I have a question of my own:
    Why is Jean Guy sometimes referred to by his first name and sometimes by his last name? Do you think LP is conflicted about his closeness to the Gamache family?

• Cathryne Spencer says:

Suniti, that’s an interesting question. Now I will have to look for a pattern through the books. I hope that someone who is reading or rereading the series right now will keep the question in mind. It’s something to think about when we read the new book, too! I would enjoy rereading all the books before Nov. so i’ll keep it in mind.

5. Julie, Anna, Peg, Cathryne and Millie. I can’t get into my email and have now messed up husband’s. Just hoping one of you might look here. I guess we will have to use snail mail.
    Will explain all later.

• Cathryne Spencer says:

Barbara, I haven’t checked this site for a long time, but i’m glad I checked it today! Here you are! I’ve been concerned. I’ll put out the word. I’m technically challenged but some are not. Hope you are well, not counting email @#$&*()&$#@* craziness.
      Cathryne

• Julie Buck says:

Oh, Barbara – how awful. Technology is just wonderful until it isn’t and then it really lets us down! I hope things can get back to normal soon. Let us know if you really do want to use snail mail – we can get our addresses to you…

• Peg in Wisconsin says:

Barbara, thank goodness Cathryne checked in here, found your message, and sounded the alarm! Glad you’re okay!

Good to hear from you Barbara. Glad you are ok. Keep us posted on what is happening.

As for the question on Jean-Guy, I hadn’t really noticed but I will look.

7. Technical help due this week. Thanks.

8. Connie says:

This is a test. Today is July 1, 2018. I’m leaving a comment I believe “at the bottom” where I’ve been told I’m in The Bistro. Am I? The last post I see above this one is dated October 8, 2014. I’m a little confused. Please advise.

9. Antonnette "Mary" Nichols says:

I am soon to order the newest Gamache series book. I have to double check, as O believe I may have preordered through Amazon a few weeks ago.

10. Pauline Lysaght says:

Hello, I will be visiting eastern Canada from Australia later this year and would love to know where I can buy some liquorice pipes – does anyone know please? I will be in Montreal and then Quebec City.

11. Sylvie Jolicoeur says:

I just finished Glass Houses and I do not recall if it is mentionned why the bat was returned ito the root cellar and whose prints where found on it. Can anyone enlightn me?

12. Chandra says:

Hi,
    Did I read about a watermelon salad served in the bistro?
    If so, can someone remind me where I’d read that?
    Watermelon and…?
    Gratefully,
    Chandra

• Chandra says:

I’ve found ‘Nature of the Feast’ and didn’t see a watermelon salad; can’t imagine where else I’d have seen since it mentioned as I’ve been reading Louise Penny’s ‘Chief Inspector Gamache Series’, non-stop for days…
      Next is ‘A Great Reckoning’, only two after that and I am concerned.
      Will there be another book in 2018?
      I feel a bit like a ‘Myrna’; I’ve gobbled up these books like cashews…

• Michelle Backus says:

Hi Chandra,

I have been binge reading the series this summer and thoroughly enjoying it! I think I recall Reine Marie making a watermelon, feta and – either mint or arugula – salad. It may have been in A Great Reckoning or The Nature of the Beast. I hope this helps a little! (and of course there’s always the chance I have everything jumbled up since I’m reading them so quickly!)

Cheers!

13. Chandra says:

Is there a search feature? We need a search feature, please & thank you!

14. Joy Ann Grune says:

Just finished glass houses. So comforted getting back to 3 pines. Thrown off by a couple of things. What was the criminal importance in the trial of the bat being removed and returned to the root cellar? I realize its importance in helping reveal the existence of another door which could be used for transporting drugs and its connection to prohibition history.

• Marnie says:

The significance was that the bat was not there when Reine-Marie found the body, so there was no murder weapon at the scene. It later reappeared, tipping the Surete off that someone had returned the bat using a secret door, but Gamache didn’t want the drug cartel to know they had found out about the secret door because the cartel thought he was unaware that they were using the chapel and the secret door to transport drugs through Three Pines. To keep the cartel from finding out that the Surete was onto them, he lied on the witness stand (committed perjury) and said that the bat was there when the body was found. I believe the bat belonged to Anton, but had Jaqueline’s DNA on it too because she used it to kill Katie in hopes of framing him.

15. Joyce Merletti says:

What intrigued me in Louise Penny’s very first book, “Still Life”, was the historical setting of Three Pines. My Revolutionary Tory kin took to the sea at the end of the war and ended up in Nova Scotia, so I could imagine others who went by land up through the woods of New England. When they saw the Three Pines, they knew they were in safe territory. I would so love to be able to follow their trail! But I’ve been following Inspector Gamache’s trail ever since.