1. Julie Buck says:

It’s on the Glass Houses page now, here at Minotaur, Marcia. I first saw it through Louise’s FB page. http://gamacheseries.wpengine.com/glass-houses/

2. proxy list says:

What’s up,I check your blogs named “Gamache Series Open Discussion | Chief Inspector Gamache Series” on a regular basis.Your story-telling style is awesome, keep doing what you’re doing! And you can look our website about proxy list.

3. Julie Buck says:

So happy that Louise is coming to Seattle – I have my ticket, and because my hubby is a UW prof, we get the “VIP” section (which I figure means we’re somewhat near the front) – Yippee! Can’t wait. She’s been here several times in the past few years, but late August seems to be a busy time in my social calendar, and I was not able to go the last couple of times. Sooooo happy to be going this time!

So lucky Julie. Hoping the tour will extend to somewhere I can get to more easily. Although I should have been happy to come to Seattle. Great town!!

5. Julie says:

Well, that’s an idea, Anna! Wouldn’t that be wonderful?

6. Bill Berry says:

Does anyone remember a section in The Long Way Home where Gamache went to a haunted road? I can’t figure out what book I read that in and it’s driving me crazy.

7. Julie Buck says:

Hi, Bill – welcome! The Long Way Home is one that had lots of mystical things in it – I think of that amazing garden (which really exists) in Scotland – the Garden of Cosmic Speculation http://thegallopinggardener.blogspot.com/2012/05/garden-of-cosmic-speculation-open-for.html

That’s not “haunted” per se, but it did have some strange goings-on, including a stone rabbit that came to life, and a Scottish police officer Gamache couldn’t understand when he spoke.

But I kind of think there was something also about the place where they finally found Peter – in a very wild part of Quebec. Maybe there was something about that – it seems to me that’s where the idea of the tramp who smiled at Gamache and made him think the tramp was God, was brought up for the second time (the first being in The Brutal Telling, I think). But that’s all I can think of. Let us know if you figure it out.

Lots of good ideas, Julie. I haven’t thought of any more; food for thought, though.

9. Ever since I read LP’s newsletter, I’ve been think about Aug.29th. I wonder what our friends will be up to this time ? How has life been going for them ? How are Ruth and Rosa ? Have new people wandered into Three Pines ?
    The title interests me. I wonder if it has to do with a person who is always pointing out the faults of others when suddenly an old secret becomes known and he/she has the same or worse faults in the past.

Noooooo. Too simplistic .

10. Julie says:

Oh, I don’t know, Barbara – I could see that being at least one thread, though there would probably be more layers and meanings the deeper you dug…

11. Layer upon layer. The way LP builds the layers and then deconstructs them…great talent.

12. Sara Foshee says:

Was there a pronunciation guide for the names of the French names of charcters? I thought I saw one once on here, but now I cannot find it?

13. Catherine Dowling says:

I have re-read this series several times. I have started with audio books and I listened to the 3 Pines audio books until Mr. Cosham’s sad death. I must say there are many things I miss when I read. Perhaps I read too fast or just don’t stop to think and enjoy the writing – Ms. Penny’s skills are even more evident in the audio format. Unfortunately, I have tried several times to listen to the new narrator, but I really dislike him. I guess I will just have to re-read the last three books and one to be released this month more carefully to really appreciate the books. Do other readers in this blog find that listening to a well written book enhances your enjoyment of it?

14. Julie says:

Hi, Catherine. There are a few of us “die hards” who have been keeping up this spot, waiting for the next book. We talk in between times of all kinds of things, and there are several of them who loved Ralph Cosham’s narration, and miss him, sorely. Of course, what can you do? Those were some very big shoes to fill. Interestingly, as we waited, a few of us started reading an old mystery series – Mrs. Pollifax – and a couple of our people have said how wonderful the narrator is, and how much it adds to their enjoyment. This list is really quiet right now, but please do come back after the book is out when we will be talking up a storm!