1. Julie, Good for you. Thinking of constructive and positive actions you and we others can take instead of just fuming and being angry and frightened. Thanks for ideas.
    Cold weather to hit tonight. Maybe it will be cool on Thanksgiving.
    Calm thoughts to all.

2. Julie Buck says:

Anna, I don’t think I’d have the strength to do such a major move anymore. I’ve spent my life moving around, and have no fear of it, like a lot of people, but I sure don’t have the energy… I keep thinking of the stuff we have around here and what it would take to be ready to move…

Barbara, I’m sorry I wrongly attributed the “find” on the reading page to Anna. Sometimes I don’t go back and check, but rely on my memory, which can be a dangerous thing, hahaha.

3. Julie Buck says:

Barbara – I just have to. I can’t “let it be”, and I can’t “move on” – but I can try to figure out something to do that’s not just letting everyone on Facebook know that I’m not happy, hahaha. I AM doing that. Oddly, one of my husband’s relatives who lives in Missouri friended me on FB last week, so immediately, I was inundated with a bunch of gleeful posts about how great things will be now. I stepped up my posts of the opposite viewpoint, then hid his from me, so I don’t have to see them and get even madder. As I type this I can’t think how childish it all is – yet, this is my coping strategy to a small point. Of course, I won’t change anyone’s mind, but maybe can urge those who are like-minded to do more and above all, be ready to get out and do something in 4 years. I keep hoping for impeachment, or another miracle, such as the electoral college will refuse to vote for him, but I am grasping at straws there. They CAN do that, but they haven’t gone against the people’s vote in over 100 years, while we often have a different candidate win the popular vote… Still, if they were going to do it, now would be the time!

Julie, you gave me a good laugh, thanks!
    Deep breath in, deep breath out…

Think of Louise at Hovey Manor. Ahhhhh, perfection.

Hovey Manor is definitely on my to do list. Sounds like an oasis.

7. Julie Buck says:

Yes, Cathryne, I, too, have to remember to breathe…. and couldn’t I just do that at Hovey Manor! One day… in the meantime, I’m thinking of Louise there without Michael. She’s very brave. I’m not sure I could do that so soon, but it will be so good for her. Leave it long enough, and you’d never be able to do it.

8. Millie says:

Hello dear friends. Goodness, the last quarter of the year is full of birthdays and anniversaries for the ‘girls’ in my immediate family, plus our anniversaries, not to mention holidays. This year my DIL and I are going to try one “girl’s day” gathering for all our birthdays. The granddaughters are so young, it may reduce the tears of “why don’t I get anything??? One can always hope, right?
    But guess where it will be? Yep. Here! This coming Saturday. And hubby decided to take this week off to ‘help’ me organize the sewing/craft room. His approach is to empty a room. I’m trying so hard not to freak out because he put everything in the dining room! OMG! lol

My eyes are responding well to all the meds and injections. My calendar is full of Dr’s appointments. Such fun! But it’s helping so onward. My mom says I’m too young for this. I just tell her I started wearing bifocal glasses by the time I was twelve. Not my fault I was her experimental 1st. We laugh cause my brother has no physical or eye problems. But I’m sweeter. Buwahaha!
    Better go, the hubs is back from Home Depot and I’m the assistant…
    Love, peace and hugs to all!

9. Julie Buck says:

Millie – you sound so upbeat despite everything. Or is that just the panic setting in? Either way, you are clearly full of life and activity and how fun will it be to have your space all organized, the party just over, and still be feeling the sugar high of the birthday cake? I often think it would be a great way to do something – take EVERYTHING out and not let much back in… but, of course, I lived two years with boxes of “stuff” from the office in my dining room, so I KNOW the danger! But, everyone who’s coming loves you, so really, there is no danger at all… Have a wonderful party and rejoice in your newly organized sewing/craft room!

10. Millie says:

No danger? Two little girls (turning 3 & just turned 4) are coming over! We used to “hide” things in the guest room. Well, Nick is still here so that’s no longer an option. It’s the smallest bedroom in the house and he has it packed to the rafters.
    Am I a bad mother for looking forward to the day he moves back out? Honestly, seems like every day he takes over more of our house! The living room is his ‘office’ – till football comes on and dad tells him to get his stuff off the sofa… It may seem like minor stuff, but he’s 30 and Mike and I had a ‘system’ we developed after the boys moved out. It’s all turned upside down. And there’s his dog, too.
    Yep, definitely in panic mode.

11. Julie Buck says:

Ouch! I can definitely see how that would get old fast. Plus – obviously, you want your kids to do well in life, and having to have come back home must seem like a bit setback… I hope you soon have your house (and life) back to normal soon.

12. Julie Buck says:

I hope all in the US are having a safe and happy Thanksgiving!

Yes, Happy Thanksgiving to you all. Hope the weather is what you want it to be and all are safe.
    Is it snowing up your way Julie?

14. Julie Buck says:

Not here, but I think it is in the mountains. We seldom get snow right here in Seattle, though never say “never”, hahaha. When it does snow the whole city stops because we have no snow removal equipment, and nobody knows how to drive in snow without chains (which they put on when they go to the mountains).

It’s the same anywhere where it snows infrequently including DC. When it snowed here there were so many car accidents! We definitely don’t have snow removal equipment so it was safer to wait until it melted which took a while. Loving all the snow falling in Whistler. This time in two weeks we will have arrived in DC. Still can’t believe it. A week after that we go to NY and then Quebec. It will make a change from the building heat here.
    Love to all.