1. Laura says:

I love, love, love the inspector Gamache books. Currently reading the current one and there are two different quotes that I want to find but since I actually listen to books it’s not easy to tag them and go back. Or at least not for me. There is one about every time you say something, think, say it with kindness or don’t say it all and something else. I know that’s vague and I’m going to try to listen again, but does anyone remember? He quotes it when he’s remembering sitting with his mentor somewhere. Thanks

2. Susan Huber says:

I am curious as to the meaning of the word “woo” referenced in the killing of the Hermit in Books 5 and 6. Why would that word frighten the Hermit? Thoughts? Thanks!!

3. A Better Man is the best of Louise Penny’s books I think and I have read them all. I read about her first book when she was a new author and got it and read it at once. ABM is excellent and surprising. Please give yourself a treat.

4. Corinne Meharg says:

What happened to Brother Andre, the brother in the book about the quints?

5. Christie McNeill says:

Just finished Glass Houses.

Question: How did Anton’s DNA get on the bat if he didn’t commit Katie’s murder?

Was the bat gone and then returned just cause Jaqueline panicked or because she was somehow adding Anton’s DNA to the bat?

Thoughts?

6. Kathleen Brady says:

I hope I’m not alone in reading this series totally out of order due to just picking up one of these treasures by accident about 9 months ago. Now I’m trying to track the ones I’ve missed, but I would love to ask a simple question that obviously has been answered in the book following, The Brutal Telling. Who actually killed the Hermit and why?
    I know from another of the books that Oliver was falsely convicted and later Gamache resolved the case to get him released. But I don’t know or remember what else was revealed in that book. Please help, it will be weeks before I can request the older books from other libraries.

7. Maisha Davis says:

I have been assigned by my book group to ask a question about Kingdom of the Blind. Some thought that Gamache set Amelia up to be back on the street in order to stop the drug trafficking. Others thought she relapsed on her own and he simply used that as an opportunity knowing she would lead him to where he needed to go. We are asking if it is one or the other?

• My opinion is that he sent Amelia back on the street to stop the drug trafficking. Not his finest moment.

• Martha Stewart says:

Gamache actually gave Amalia the assignment to track down the drug traffickers; they were in cahoots. She did not relapse on her own; the pusher who was doing his own drug tests on users administered the drug to Amelia which is why she found the tattoo on her arm. Gamache had Amelia watched for her protection while she was on the streets.

8. Maryann says:

I just found these discussions on the Gamache series in Three Pines just today. I have read almost every book so far from the beginning of the first book, I did go thru a period of ill health for 2 years, which means I missed those books from 2015-2017. So those would be the years I have to catch up on. I am doing a little investigating, but I love the Bistro and Gabri and Oliver and of course our dear Ruth…

9. Maureen Casey says:

Perhaps it this question has been addressed already:
    Who writes “Ruth’s” poetry? I love it and find it and all of Gamache’s wisdom! Really Louise ‘s wisdom. Thank you so much. A second reading/listening is helping me through the Pandemic. I hope all in and of Three Pines are well.

10. Pam says:

I found red and black licorice pipes, no embers from Donny at Old-time Candy online. They are very tasty. Just started Ganache series in January. No clue why it took ten years to start it. Two books to go. Great series.

11. Debbie Paquette says:

I just finished reading A Rule Against Murder. I enjoyed it immensely. However, I didn’t find an explanation as to how Julia was killed by the statue of her father. How did the killer actually perform the feat? I know the statue was rigged with sugar to roll off the pedestal, but how did the killer know when Julia would be at the statue and how did he topple the statue? Many thanks for your response.

12. Margaret Brenneman says:

In which book does Gracie the dog find her home withArmand Gamache?

Margaret Brenneman, Gracie appeared first in Chapter 16, “The Great Reckoning”.
    I hope we get to see her in “All the Devils Are Here”.

14. Janice Heffron says:

How do I find the audio books?

15. Janice Heffron says:

How do I find the audio books?