1. My left arm is almost well. “Bites” appeared on my right arm over weekend. Upper arm just like left arm. I didn’t develop cellulitis this time. The itching was intense as before but I used ice packs to cool it down. No problem last night or today. Appearance is much better.
    Computer up and going. Have had a few problems but always do at first.
    I’d better not comment on AGR as I just know I’ll slip and put in a spoiler. I still can’t believe how it came together.

Excited to hear what you have to say about magic and light Julie!
    Just had email from Pete from Louise’s DC book launch event. Very keen to hear all about it when it finishes.

Pleased about the improvement Barbara but curious about the source. Are you back to thinking mosquitos?
    Computers always have a settling in phase but yay that it is there and working.
    Worrying about giving things away is why I went back to reading Bury Your Dead and using it to think about AGR and Louise’s writing in general.

Pete met Louise! She is indeed lovely

Peter met Louise! Making me smile. Good work, Peter!

Me too Cathryne! Made for a nice day.

7. Pete met Louise! Great news.
    To be honest I really doubt mosquitos but can’t find signs of anything else.
    One thing about AGR, the humor was great. Especially the phone call. It reminded me of when automated calls can not understand my accent.
    Petey is at vet. Seems to be gastritis. Carol’s b’day celebration will be tomorrow. Just her and Sam and me anyway. She doesn’t want us to leave Petey after we pick him up at 11:30.

• Peg H. in Wisconsin USA says:

Barbara, do you mean Lacoste’s phone call to the gun company? That one sounded like some of my incoming calls. People from my own state can be hard to understand, especially since so many have poor cell phone connections.

So far I haven’t seen any reference to Agent Nicol, I hope she hasn’t been forgotten.

And I love how Clara’s puppy Leo is referred to as the little lion.

8. Julie Buck says:

Well, the last half went in one gulp! I got to the point where I couldn’t not find out the next thing, it was just too hard! Finished at four this morning! (to be fair, I didn’t start until 1) Amazing and wonderful, and awful! I can’t wait to start talking about it… Paul – do you want to promote a start day and see if you get any new “takers”? Or should we just figure out among ourselves when to start? I think we need to give it a bit more time yet, of course – people have to had time to have the books mail-ordered to them, and then to read it at a normal pace, I think.

9. Julie Buck says:

I’m just so pleased that Pete met Louise – the picture you sent us was amazing, Anna. I’m curious to hear what he thought of her talk, etc., and to know what she wrote to you… you must be all excited.

10. Hi, Peg. Yes that is the call. How frustrating when it happens to me, but so funny when it is someone else.
    I wondered about Nicol too. I also missed Bean. I had thought we might have a bit of info on him/her even if he/she weren’t present. No way to write such a flawless book and include all the back characters I suppose.

I hope your Petey feels better Barbara and happy birthday to Carol. It’s my mum’s birthday on Saturday. I have no idea what to get her, she already has chocolates this week.
    I think Bean is growing and changing so perhaps e won’t see them for a little while as when we do we would know the secret?
    I too was thinking about Nichol. It was interesting seeing her again in Bury Your Dead as her view of the world is always quite a different one.
    The phone call is a bit like “the night is a strawberry” interactions. Love it.
    Will report more on the book launch after I speak to Pete again but he is at the Canadians tonight…..fitting I think.

12. Peg H. in Wisconsin says:

Cadet Amelia Choquet reminds me a lot of Agent Nicol, that’s why I was wondering about her.

I agree Peg. Similarities in the prickly way they interact with the world…..reject before it rejects you.
    I spoke only briefly to Pete so didn’t get a big debrief on the book launch. He said it was really good, as you would expect, and that he found it interesting to hear about the discipline Louise brings to writing. As she was a journalist she is used to being disciplined with writing. At the beginning she sets herself a 200 a day word count and increases it as she moves forward. 200 words…sometimes we write almost that much in a post!
    Hopefully I can talk more to Pete tomorrow as I was at an appointment with Dad after he had finished his evening our down times didn’t really intersect.

An excellent read Paul. Thank you. Its always interesting to hear what others think of Louise, particularly those who came to Three Pines so far into the series. Not surprised that it was the food that bought her back!!